Sign in to follow this  
stinman

how to set slower speed in CUTorrent after 2.0 ratio

You know after your file has seeded to 2.0 ratio in utorrent you can cut the speed down so that newer torrents can have more bandwidth. I have this set where after a file reaches 2.0 ratio it only puts out 100kbps at home from unlimited. Can this be done with rtorrent from the settings? I don't know if it matters but it seems it could help on speeds for all of us.Just wondering?

Edited by stinman

Hi

Are you talking about setting these on an individual basis or as a whole on a server.

If you are talking about individuals then you can use the channels and ratio groups to do this for you, so that after a certain level or time the torrent goes into a slower speed band.

As for a whole server I don't think that would prove very popular.

Regards

No I would never mean the whole server, only my seedbox, I seen that in settings but didn't know if I could change anything. Thanks. It would prove helpful to me ,right? I mean only so much memory is assigned to me and if a torrent is running full throttle then it uses more memory? I'm not sure how much this matters on a shared box, but the more torrents you have running I guess the more memory being used. Does memory effect the speed and or bandwidth used? Just trying to learn something here.