Moviefreak2013

New member emails

For bonehead new members such as myself, my suggestion is to add a little more to this line in your first email to use newbies .. "Your new account has been setup and you can now login to our client area using the details below."

To me account means everything about the account to include the seedbox. Especially when the client area says "Active" next to the purchased plan. And even more so when I got the email devCU Forums giving me my login details. In hind sight I can make sense of it all, but in the beginning it was all confusing.

So I think the line I quoted above should say something like "Your new account has been setup and you can now login to our client area using the details below. Please note however this does not mean your seedbox is setup and ready for use. There will be a seperate email titled <Your seedbox is setup and ready for use> with instructions on how to log in to it. The doe's and don'ts of your new seedbox and a host of other useful information to help get you started".

I know one of the admins is getting very sick and tired of people like me who ask "client area says active next to my plan, but I can find no way of logging into my seedbox, why is that" or other varients of that question. Well IMO my suggestion would alieveate that particular admins frustration. At least more than half of it anyway because I do realize there are other boneheads that don't read emails.

Another suggestion is to make new members such as myself, that doesn't have a seedbox setup yet, only have access to 1 sticky thread entitled "NEWBIES: Read here and all your questions shall be answered" and in the body of that message explain what's up, what "Active" means in there client area, ect...ect... and then, once there seedbox is setup and ready,then open the rest of the forums to the newbies.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

But you answered your own suggestion, the fact that you only read the subject and did bother reading the actual email is the tell.

Posted on top of every ordering page:

post-2-0-61442700-1357737626_thumb.png

Posted on the bottom of every ordering page:

post-2-0-64227500-1357737631_thumb.png

Spelled out in plain English in the welcome email:

Please make sure all information is correct as we will be generating invoices within 24 hours on this account if you ordered any services

And the follow up "Seedbox Account Status" email

I want to welcome you to CUtorrent and let you know your account has been accepted and is being processed. You should receive login details within 24 hours but there are times when this is longer, like on weekends, times of heavy order volume, or various other reasons. You can read about this in the forums here:

http://www.devcu.com/forums/topic/548-expect-account-delays-setup-faqs/

So what it really comes down to, is no matter what we write in the emails, if one doesn't bother to read them then your suggestion is meaningless anyway.

Fact is, I did read the emails. Believe it or not. The part that confused me (and I know others because I've seen prior posts) is what I have circled in red. When I + others see "Active" next to the seedbox plan we ordered, we assume that the seedbox is "active" regardless of what your email says.

Also I recall you did tell someone that the billing cycle doesn't start until our seedbox's are setup and ready to use. Why then what I have circled in blue states next due date is 02/07/2013 when my seedbox wasn't ready until today. 01/09/2013. It should read 02/09/2013 as the next due date.

post-2049-0-97976300-1357764913_thumb.jpg

Active just means your account is active thats all and your renewal date was updated, gotta give billing time they are not as fast as me.

Fair enough, I also read that in other posts as well. But of course that was after you prompted me to do so in not so many words.

I do admit that if I had done things a little differently I wouldn't of annoyed you so much. BTW I wasn't trying to annoy you on purpose. So I apologize for that.

On the other hand even you have to admit, that since there are countless posts about the same thing, then maybe something needs to be added for clarification in your first initial email. I mean, I do stand by what I say in that I did read your emails. It's just that gosh darn "Active" thing I seen in my control panel sitting right next to my seedbox plan.

Moving on...my seedbox is working great. TYVM for that.

But that all gets changed when the Pro Manager starts to come into play cause that whole "Under Construction" area will be active and connected to the main database and will show the info you seek in the emails including eta, logins, etc. So its really a moot point because I think up front on the ordering page it says 24 hours right at the top and that pretty much sums it up. When the Pro Manager is fully live those times will be minutes instead of hours cause no more command line operations, its all database and hopefully gets to instant activation at some point.